Recommended workflow for Fracturing + custom collision geo

2026   1   0
6 posts
Hi,

I've been working on a HDA that fractures meshes. The exposed controls mean that the number of fracture pieces can change, meaning you cant predefine all the required geo containers in the HDA that ultimately determine what unique game objects get created over in unity.

For now, I'm falling back to using the “split by group” option, but this is no longer recommended as far as I know? I can't figure out a workflow that allows for custom collision geo when using split by group.

So, alternatively i modified the static fracture export node to output fracture pieces under my HDA subnet, instead of at object level. That doesn't work on the unity side as I've been told Hengine cant handle dynamic creation of geo containers very well.

To boil it down - what is the recommended workflow for getting a unique gameobject per fracture piece, WITH custom collision geo through hengine/unity?

Cheers!
Sandy Sutherland

www.lippykid.com
@lippykid
571 posts
Have you tried with packed primitives and instancing? Also, the plugin will create as many geometry objects as there are geometry objects in a subnet, so the dynamic creation of geo containers should work.
  • Quick Links