Viewport viewing/zooming/collision(?) issues?

1156   2   1
2 posts
So I am having an issues where when i try to zoom in on scene, i have clipping and i can't get close up.

Things I have tried:
Restarting program
(Im new to this so not sure what else to try)

Attachments:
Capture.PNG (842.8 KB)
capture2.PNG (904.0 KB)

2528 posts
Yeah, Houdini has some of the worse viewport clipping defaults of any 3D program I have used. It is annoying.
Move your mouse into the 3D window and press the D-KEY to bring up the display options. Somewhere in there is viewport clipping option. Set the near to a small number like 0.001 and set the far to a large number like 10,0000. You may need to set it even higher, if you are working with large geometry, like a city, for instance.

Once you lock to a camera or look through a camera, the clipping is taken from the camera object, not the display settings.
Edited by Enivob - Dec. 16, 2019 09:51:53
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
2 posts
Enivob
Yeah, Houdini has some of the worse viewport clipping defaults of any 3D program I have used. It is annoying.
Move your mouse into the 3D window and press the D-KEY to bring up the display options. Somewhere in there is viewport clipping option. Set the near to a small number like 0.001 and set the far to a large number like 10,0000. You may need to set it even higher, if you are working with large geometry, like a city, for instance.

Once you lock to a camera or look through a camera, the clipping is taken from the camera object, not the display settings.

OMG thank you so much, this has been quite annoying lol since im quite new to software (coming from 3ds max)
  • Quick Links