Solaris tut - Sean Lewkiw

1933   2   0
2035 posts
Looking at this series of tuts. And this one I am having an issue with:

Tutorial 1 - Assets Dept: Build

At the end of this tut, to see the results a Reference LOP is put down to bring in the *.usd file that was saved out.

After this a Set Variant LOP is used to select variants created earlier. (Just two, one of a barrel with lid and the other without).

However, in my setup I only get one variant(whichever one was established as default earlier).

I've gone over the nodes and tut a few times as I am assuming some error on my part, but I can't find anything I did different to cause the issue.

Was wondering if anyone might be able to spot the ‘error’?

Using Indie with daily build 318.
Edited by BabaJ - Dec. 16, 2019 15:43:47

Attachments:
My_Solaris.hiplc (295.8 KB)
USD_Variants.jpg (210.8 KB)

Staff
4432 posts
Looking at the scene graph tree (Variants column), it looks like the variant exists on /Barrel/BarrelGeo, not on /Barrel? I'm not sure if this indicates a problem with the tutorial or your execution of it, but I suspect that's why you aren't seeing any variant choices in that LOP.
2035 posts
Thanks mtucker for the suggestion.

I tried changing from /Barrel/BarrelGeo up to just /Barrel with no luck.

However, on the Add Variant(End Block) node I went through all the parameters, setting and re-setting them.

And this seemed to clear everything up - works now.(the variants are available).

When I thought about it, I remembered I initially wired the block wrong to begin with, so it may have bound up some internal setting.
  • Quick Links