Solaris Tut 3 - Sean Lewkiw: LOPs duplicating components

2385   3   1
2036 posts
In tut 3 it says you can duplicate prims using Ctrl + D in the viewport.

Have things changed since the tut or am I missing something?

I can duplicate the prim in the stage managers parm window and in this case being a bookshelf asset also select a variant.

But I can't duplicate it in the viewport as suggested it can be done.

I've tried changing selection options other than component, like model or leaf, but still no luck.

Attachments:
Ctrl + D for components.jpg (139.2 KB)

Staff
4159 posts
Try activating the Stage Manager's state; select the node, hit enter in the viewport, then Ctrl+D will duplicate.
I'm o.d.d.
2036 posts
Don't know what you mean by “Try activating the Stage Manager's state; select the node”

If what you mean is select the Stage Manager node in the LOP network and then select the desired prim from one of the rows in the Stage Managers list; Then yeah, going over to viewport and Ctrl+D will duplicate.(but might as well just right click for drop down menu and duplicate while there)

But the way the tut is worded, and maybe this functionality just isn't there, suggests that you can start from the viewport and stay within the viewport to duplicate.

Selecting the desired item from the Stage Manager does highlight the item in the viewport.

But selecting the desired item in the viewport doesn't highlight the item in the Stage Manager.(with Stage Manager highlighted in Network ahead of time).
7737 posts
BabaJ
Don't know what you mean by “Try activating the Stage Manager's state; select the node”

Hit the enter key in the viewport with the stagemanager as the current node.
  • Quick Links