Plugin not loading in UE 4.24

5096   5   1
104 posts
Hi,
I installed twice and double checked that check box next to the UE plugin, so it is definitely installed, unless I have to do something else which is not documented or stated clearly in any other way. I start a new project in UE 4.24, but there is no Houdini plugin, other than Houdini Niagara. What seems to be a problem here? How to force the plugin to load in UE 4.24? I could not find anything useful on any forum which addresses this problem. I use a Windows machine with the latest Houdini 18 build.
Cheers
2 posts
Same situation here
1 posts
Drasko Ivezic
Hi,
I installed twice and double checked that check box next to the UE plugin, so it is definitely installed, unless I have to do something else which is not documented or stated clearly in any other way. I start a new project in UE 4.24, but there is no Houdini plugin, other than Houdini Niagara. What seems to be a problem here? How to force the plugin to load in UE 4.24? I could not find anything useful on any forum which addresses this problem. I use a Windows machine with the latest Houdini 18 build.
Cheers

AFAIK there's no precompiled houdini engine plugin for 4.24 yet.
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

If you're on windows, support for UE4.24 was added in Houdini 18.0.316, so you can simply install the latest daily build and it will have it.

Depending on how you installed UE4, the installer maybe failed to detect your UE4 directory from the registry.
In that case, you can simply copy the “HoudiniEngine” folder in Houdini18.0.XXX/engine/unreal/4.24 to the Engine/Plugins/Runtime folder of Unreal 4.24.

Mac users will have to wait a little, as 4.24 required a XCode update, that involves some changes on our side.

The plugin can also be built from the sources that are available on Github: https://github.com/sideeffects/HoudiniEngineForUnreal [github.com]
2 posts
Thank you for fast update, going to install now
1 posts
dpernuit
Hi,

If you're on windows, support for UE4.24 was added in Houdini 18.0.316, so you can simply install the latest daily build and it will have it.

Depending on how you installed UE4, the installer maybe failed to detect your UE4 directory from the registry.
In that case, you can simply copy the “HoudiniEngine” folder in Houdini18.0.XXX/engine/unreal/4.24 to the Engine/Plugins/Runtime folder of Unreal 4.24.

Mac users will have to wait a little, as 4.24 required a XCode update, that involves some changes on our side.

The plugin can also be built from the sources that are available on Github: https://github.com/sideeffects/HoudiniEngineForUnreal [github.com]

Good day.
How does one exactly compile these plug in from the GitHub files for mac users?
  • Quick Links