How to use a detail attribute in copytopoints?

1662   4   0
42 posts
I'm trying to copy an object to a specific point but I'm not sure of the syntax I need here (or if this is the right way). I want to specify a point to copy to. I set up a detail attribute with a single int value and thought I could reference this in the copytopoints node but nothing I try seems to work. This is a scene I setup just to try to get this bit to work, but I cant figure it out. If I type a number in the detail expression it will do it fine so it makes me thing I got the syntax wrong?

Any help much apreciated!

cheers - Aten.

Attachments:
01.JPG (197.0 KB)
02.JPG (183.3 KB)

42 posts
Ok I found an old post that said you need backticks around the expression! I Think that's what was wrong, adding the backticks around it all seems to have done the trick

Attachments:
03.JPG (153.0 KB)

42 posts
Post was here for any more noobs stuck on this

https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/48739/?page=1#post-220106 [www.sidefx.com]
2038 posts
I guess you thinking of doing some other setup that needs to get the detail attribute?

Since your assigning the point number you desire to the detail attribute, when in the Target Points parameter you simply can just put in the point number there.
42 posts
Yeah it's part of a larger setup that's starting to get pretty messy! It's just a thing I wanted to learn as I plug away on the bigger scene I ultimately want to use a iteration value in it in the bigger scene.
Edited by Aten - Dec. 27, 2019 19:53:25
  • Quick Links