Geometry Spreadsheet select points from sheet to scene?

3102   2   1
57 posts
Hi!
The Geometry Spreadsheet manual page says:
“Geo Select Button

For both SOP and POP viewing, a Geo-Selection button is provided. Clicking the right mouse ( RMB) brings up a menu where the Selection Rule can be specified (just like the Selection Rules in the regular viewers' Select state). This menu also includes a checkbox labeled Auto. To use it, select regions in the spreadsheet the usual way (dragging the mouse to create a rectangular region). Only the rows are relevant to the geometry selection because they represent the points/primitives. If Auto is enabled, the geometry selection will be transferred immediately after you release the mouse button for the rectangular region. (The points/primitives are added/removed/toggled/replaced depending on the Selection Rule). If Auto is not enabled, you have to press the Geo Selection button with the left mouse ( LMB) button to apply the selection.”

There are buttons to choose to show different elements (points/vertices/primitives/details) but no button for selection rule
and right-click menu gives totally different list of options (jump up/jump down…)

So how that is meant to work?

What I really am looking for is way to select elements (e.g. points) in SPREADSHEET and get them selected in the viewport as well. So far I have not managed to do that so I must be doing something wrong.

Please help

Thank you!

Antti
Edited by atnreg - Jan. 11, 2020 08:15:26

Attachments:
tmp_capture_01583.png (67.8 KB)

My system:
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990 (32-core),64GB RAM,NVIDIA RTX 3090,Win10
UE5.1,Houdini 19.5 Indie(always latest daily),Blender,Clarisse,Onyx,ZBrush...
Clarisse 2016-09, Houdini 2018-05 (seriously 2019-10)
I do all 3D for fun, no business
2528 posts
See that little button next to the question mark, in your posted image? Click and hold that until a menu appears. Move to the bottom of the menu and activate “Auto” This will link your selection automatically between the spreadsheet and the viewport.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
57 posts
Oh, indeed! I got misled by the tooltip ‘replace’ and icon of that button so that was the only place I didn't try to right-click

Thank you very much!

Antti
Edited by atnreg - Jan. 11, 2020 10:45:26
My system:
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990 (32-core),64GB RAM,NVIDIA RTX 3090,Win10
UE5.1,Houdini 19.5 Indie(always latest daily),Blender,Clarisse,Onyx,ZBrush...
Clarisse 2016-09, Houdini 2018-05 (seriously 2019-10)
I do all 3D for fun, no business
  • Quick Links