Crowds - Link agent layers to states

1291   3   1
336 posts
I'm curious how people are going about this. I'd like to be able to link specific agent layers to to that agent's current state/clip. I'm not transitioning between states so that's not a concern. If I have an agent with a list of states and I want to for instance, only have sword layers in the hands of agents using the swing-a-sword state, how would I go about that? Thanks!
2528 posts
Check out the Learn menu, up above. Select tutorials and then choose category Crowds. There is a video on how to setup Agent layering.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
336 posts
I've gone through those videos and they're very helpful. To be more specific agent layering is working just fine for me, but I'm looking for a way to weight certain layers to 0 based on the agent state. I've heard of people doing this with regex but haven't seen any specific examples on how to go about it
Staff
727 posts
In VEX, you could use https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini18.0/vex/functions/setagentcurrentlayer.html [www.sidefx.com] to set the current layer of an agent based on the value of the ‘state’ point attribute
  • Quick Links