Houdini 18- Smoke and Fog Issue

1000   2   1
3 posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I've been learning Houdini for 3 months.
I am creating a scene, where a car drifts, and throws smoke from the wheels. So far everything is correct, I have already simulated it and saved it in cache.
Then I wanted to create a fog in the environment, I have seen that in both Mantra and Renderman, the way to do this is to create a cube, give it density and apply the material “PxrVolume” (like the material that has the smoke).
When I visualize the smoke separately, everything works correctly.
When I visualize the fog separately, everything works correctly.
The problem comes, when I want to see it all at once.
The volume of the smoke intersects with the volume of the fog, and lets me see the edge of the smoke accumulation (I leave some pictures).
I've been sitting at the computer for three whole days and I don't see anyone having the same error as me.
As a curiosity, I come from using Cinema4D with Octane, if I created smoke with “TurbulenceFD” and wanted to fog, with “Octane Box Volume”, the same thing happened to me, I always thought it was because Cinema is not a professional program, but I start To think that I have the problem, there are many things about 3D that I still don't understand.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments:
error1.jpg (132.8 KB)
error2.jpg (485.7 KB)
error3.jpg (523.3 KB)

7759 posts
This is a known limitation of several renderers, including renderman. It should work fine in mantra though.
3 posts
You're right, Mantra works correctly, thanks for the answer.
But I would like to know where the error comes from. I find it hard to believe that I have to decide between smoke or fog …
  • Quick Links