getting the correct aspect ratio in solaris

3577   5   1
644 posts
Hi. I have googled this but get pre solaris answers. How to I get the correct aspect ratio in Solaris. I have tried both adding a render settings node and changing/saving the display options. All I want is a 16:9 aspect ratio to set up a HDA I am making. Best Mark

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (163.8 KB)

Staff
5157 posts
The camera mask in the viewport is based on the ratio of the Horizontal to Vertical apertures in the camera prim. Set that to 16,9 (or some multiple thereof).
2038 posts
Thought I would comment on this thread since it's related and maybe get a bit of insight.

I do lots of work of importing 2d images and creating attributes from maps.

Direct grid to the images resolution, and then work on some image wrangling for the end result.

When I go do a set up in LOPs, I can set up Karma with the ‘same’ resolution, i.e. if the original image was 1280 x 720, I can use those same values in Karma.

However with a camera (in Lops), set to Orthographic projection, I always have to increase the aspect ratio by order of 10, e.g.
The above ratio of 1280 x 720 has to be changed to 12800 x 7200.

And this doesn't match the grid system of viewport.(LOPs cameras being 10x smaller than).

It's not really an issue at all which is why I haven't put in an RFE,(would be nice though)

but is there a reason why the LOP cameras Horizontal and Vertical Aperatures couldn't be set to work at 10x the current values for each component?
644 posts
Hi. OK I have another probably easy question to answer. How to I de-sync my two stage node views in the bottom right. I want to be able to dive inside the sopcreate in one of them to be able to alter things while keeping the other one to top level view. Right now if I do that both views go inside the sopcreate and I loos the camera view I am looking through. Best Mark

Edit: oww that is odd. If I click on the right hand one it stays totaly in sync. If I click on the left one I can de-sync it. Using Houdini 18.0.348 Windows 10.
Edited by Mark Wallman - Jan. 23, 2020 13:18:50

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (207.8 KB)
lookDev3.hipnc (176.0 KB)

Staff
5157 posts
One of the network panes is pinned, the other is not, which is why they're behaving differently. The best way to accomplish what you want is to pin the Scene view (icon beside the path gadget on the top toolbar).
644 posts
Hi As Holmer simson would say Douu!

Thanks for the heads up.

Best

Mark
  • Quick Links