Reassembly of destructed model

1021   1   0
2 posts
Hi,

I'm new here but I figure with the cumulative experience in this forum, I could get some creative solutions since I dont see anything elsewhere.
So I've messed with crowdsource logics and some very basic procedural generation of generic buildings, and now I'm about to delve into model/object destruction like https://youtu.be/hCcFV2IkJlE. [youtu.be] For my purposes though, I need to be able to reassemble the parts in weird ways; maybe closest particles or similar size objects. Has anyone seen this done anywhere? I assume some kind of PopSteerSeek logic can be used to have adjacent objects find eachother and reglue to one another. The image attached is an architect that assembles pieces in a very deliberate way but I want to do it more randomly and more procedurally. Any help here would be greatly appreciated!
Edited by kcclark23 - Jan. 24, 2020 21:54:42

Attachments:
Arch2O-MFGA_HELSINKI-GUGGENHEIM_MAIN.jpg (390.6 KB)

2 posts
Did some research. Anyone know if it's possible to destroy a model and after all the pieces have settled, apply a magnetic force to all of the pieces focused around a single object (maybe some arbitrary point/object or some object from the original model?) and apply a stick on collision to make the pieces stick to one another as they move toward the attractor? I've found the ‘magnetic force’ and ‘stick on collision’ functions used in other contexts but I'm hoping someone can guide me in the right direction for using them in more abstract ways.
  • Quick Links