FBX pivot to unity

5314   7   0
29 posts
Hi,

I am exporting objects from Houdini to Unity with the fbx export rop and I can't seem to get my pivot to export correctly. Is the fbx rop correctly exporting the pivot to unity? In Unity it shows the pivot to be at the origin.

I've tried setting the pivot on the top level of the obj scope as well as inside the obj scope on a transform sop. Neither seem to be doing the trick.

thanks,
Jason
2534 posts
What is the FBX Export ROP? I can't locate that node.

Have you tried simply using the File Export?
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
710 posts
It's not a SOP node Enivob, it's found in the render context.
67 posts
Did you find the solution to this as I am also having this issue. I have scaled the geo x100 using a transform (as it imports too small) and then used freeze-xform (another transform node) and the pivot is bottom/centre in H16 as I want, however it gets imported in the centre within Unity.

Can anyone help?
Edited by trojanfoe - March 14, 2017 08:45:58
7755 posts
I don't believe the fbx exported by houdini records the pivot information.
67 posts
jsmack
I don't believe the fbx exported by houdini records the pivot information.

That's a bummer isn't it. Thanks for the reply.
7714 posts
Have you tried just appending a Transform SOP inside your geometry object, translating it such that the desired pivot is at the local orign? You can keep the object pivot value at 0,0,0 but just move the geometry so that the pivot is where you want it via the Transform SOP.
453 posts
It's not you, it's Unity. By default Unity uses centered pivot for gizmo position rather than the pivot baked into geometry.
Long story short, your world-origin of an object will be the world-origin for that mesh in Unity, but you have to “Toggle Handle Position” from “Center” to “Pivot” in the editor, to use it.

See
https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PositioningGameObjects.html [docs.unity3d.com]
“Gizmo handle position toggles”
  • Quick Links