FEM Constraints H18.0

462   0   0
1 posts
Hi! Im trying to create soft constraints between two FEM Solid Objects in DOPs. I can get it to work with the different FEM constraints that exists already, like FEM Fuse, Region, Target and so on. But I would like to set different strengths on those constraints so I can paint how hard different parts of one FEM Object will attach to another. I don't seem to find a way with these constraints since they set the overall stiffness for the entire object.

So I tried with the RBD way and created my own constraints outside of DOPs and created a constraint network with a SoftAttach Constraint Relationship connected so I could set the strength on the primitives as I would like. The constraints show up in the viewport and seem to be connected correctly to the points they will affect. It also simulates without errors and updates the guides visualization for the constraints but they don't affect the FEM Objects.

I read in the documents that the constraint network is only supported by the bullet and wire solver so I'm guessing this is the wrong way to do it.

So is there any other way to set the constraint strength for FEM per point or is it not possible at the moment?
  • Quick Links