Hqueue on Ubuntu rw permissions issue

443   1   0
1 posts
Hi,
I'm trying to set up a farm on five workstations (WS-001, WS-002 .. WS-005) running Ubuntu 19.10.
Each workstation has a NFS shared folder, and mounts the other four workstations' shared folders, all with owner nobody and group nogroup. These are correctly working in both writing and reading from each workstation.

BUT when I launch a Hqueue job leaving the Mantra ROP node to generate a new render folder (if it doesn't exist) each sub-job fails with write permissions error. So I have to manually set 777 permissions on that render folder and submit the job again, and then it runs and successfully completes.
I find quite strange anyway that, as I was saying, I normally don't have any problem like this on the same shared folders. I mean, if for example I create a new folder (with 755 permissions) from WS-002 on its shared folder, then I'm able to create and edit a new text file from whatever other workstation in it.
Is there maybe any configuration or settings in NFS, Hqueue or Houdini that I'm missing?

thank you in advance
41 posts
Try Search google How To Set Up an NFS Mount on Ubuntu.
  • Quick Links