TOPS Stops working with more than 3 Geometry Output nodes

1882   2   0
24 posts
Hey guys,

I've run into an issue in houdini 17.5 where if I have more than three “ROP Geometry Output” nodes hooked up in series with a “wait for all” node between each my TOPNET does not run. Every TOP node gets the gray line symbol next to it and does not seem to process at all. However if I am to simply run with only three of them connected together then it works just as you'd expect.

If there some limit in TOPS I don't know about or is there some kind of setting to get around this? I'd really love to be able to setup all my caches to run one after another.

Thanks for the read!

Attachments:
Screenshot from 2020-03-23 17-35-35.png (75.7 KB)
Screenshot from 2020-03-23 17-44-06.png (72.2 KB)

Staff
585 posts
There shouldn't be any limitation on the number of nodes. I tried to reproduce the issue using eight ROP Geo/wait for all pairs set up like your screenshot, each with 1000 frames, and it cooks without issue.

Are using the latest production build (17.5.460)? If you have the Task Graph Table open, try cooking with that closed instead. In older builds that may have caused a slow down when initially creating a large number of work items.
24 posts
tpetrick
There shouldn't be any limitation on the number of nodes. I tried to reproduce the issue using eight ROP Geo/wait for all pairs set up like your screenshot, each with 1000 frames, and it cooks without issue.

Are using the latest production build (17.5.460)? If you have the Task Graph Table open, try cooking with that closed instead. In older builds that may have caused a slow down when initially creating a large number of work items.

Hey tpetrick,
I am using the 17.5.173 build on a work machine. I might be able to update but not entirely up to me.
I also don't run my TOPS sims with the task graph table open, just the TOP net.

Thanks for the reply!
  • Quick Links