Hair Sim causing too much vibration/jitter?

4301   2   1
3 posts
Hey everyone, I'm following Kai's hair and fur Masterclass in 16, I'm currently on H18 now. So after following the basic guide groom>guide deform>guide simulate> hair gen, the hair gen with following the guide sim well and overall the sim looks good. But my hairs are flickering like crazy.

If I try reducing the density of the hair gen it fixes it, but I need to have dense, realistic hair. I tried more substeps, decreasing hair gen radius and falloff, as well as turning off all collisions inside the guide simulate. Still the same. Any ideas.

I'll try attaching a render to show problem.

Thanks!

Grant

1265 posts
Normally flickering of that kind is caused by scattering changing per frame. What does your setup look like?
Werner Ziemerink
Head of 3D
www.luma.co.za
3 posts
So I found the problem! In my hair generation node, my influence radius was way to big (3) I had to lower it to about .25. This was causing the generated hair to be controlled by to many different guides, so it was confused. I also increased density from 350 to 700 and increased my influence decay to about 3.

There is still some flickering, but I know this is from the render. I'll have to change the diffuse or SSS.
  • Quick Links