Scale handle is too sensitive and effect scales with zoom

2678   3   0
453 posts
When I have a bigger object (for example, a 400*400*400 cube) and I attempt to scale it with a regular transform node in the viewport. It will generally explode. Even a tiny movement with the mouse will result in a scale of 4000*4000*4000.
If I middle-mouse-click drag on the handle and use stepping of 0.001, the scaling will somewhat work, but the handle will still explode in the process and obstruct my view of the geometry that I am trying to scale.
Is there a solution for that?
- I am already developing a custom python state, so I guess I could build a custom handle, but this seems like fundamentally broken behavior? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I can change?
2528 posts
If you hold down the SHIFT key, I think that scales your mouse input to produce a more controlled movement.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
7737 posts
DASD
When I have a bigger object (for example, a 400*400*400 cube) and I attempt to scale it with a regular transform node in the viewport. It will generally explode. Even a tiny movement with the mouse will result in a scale of 4000*4000*4000.
If I middle-mouse-click drag on the handle and use stepping of 0.001, the scaling will somewhat work, but the handle will still explode in the process and obstruct my view of the geometry that I am trying to scale.
Is there a solution for that?
- I am already developing a custom python state, so I guess I could build a custom handle, but this seems like fundamentally broken behavior? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I can change?

Seems pretty broken to me.
18 posts
+1 Any solution?
  • Quick Links