Houdini Console Message

2153   4   0
41 posts
I recently updated Houdini to v18.0.391 and now receive this message whenever H is launched. What does this mean and how do I fix it?

PDG Type Registry: Failed to import duplicate module ‘partitioners’ which was previously imported from ‘D:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini 18.0.391/houdini/pdg/types\partitioners’
PDG Type Registry: Failed to import duplicate module ‘schedulers’ which was previously imported from ‘D:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini 18.0.391/houdini/pdg/types\schedulers’
PDG Type Registry: Failed to import duplicate module ‘utils’ which was previously imported from ‘D:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini 18.0.391/houdini/pdg/types\utils’
Edited by Pixel8d - March 15, 2020 14:30:14
H Indie | LightWave | ZBrush | Clarisse iFX | HDR Light Studio Pro | RenderMan
50 posts
i got the same message after updating right now.

best
Fred
Edited by Fred Eric - March 16, 2020 04:54:32
41 posts
Just updated to 18.0.416 and these annoying messages still come up. I checked the houdini.env file it seems okay. I also found some other suggestions to the same error in other threads but they did not work or apply.

PDG Type Registry: Failed to import duplicate module ‘houdini’ which was previously imported from ‘D:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini 18.0.416/houdini/pdg/types\houdini’
PDG Type Registry: Failed to import duplicate module ‘partitioners’ which was previously imported from ‘D:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini 18.0.416/houdini/pdg/types\partitioners’
PDG Type Registry: Failed to import duplicate module ‘schedulers’ which was previously imported from ‘D:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini 18.0.416/houdini/pdg/types\schedulers’
PDG Type Registry: Failed to import duplicate module ‘utils’ which was previously imported from ‘D:/Program Files/Side Effects Software/Houdini 18.0.416/houdini/pdg/types\utils’

My env file:

# Example:
#
# HOUDINI_NO_SPLASH = 1
#——————————-ODTools Start————————————————–
#
ODSHELF = “C:\Users\Esteban\Documents\houdini18.0\ODHoudiniShelfTools”
HOUDINI_PATH = $ODSHELF;$HOUDINI_PATH;&
#
#——————————-ODTools End————————————————–
#
# —————————– HDR Light Studio Connection Start —————————–
#
HDRLS_ROOT=“C:\Users\Esteban\Documents\houdini18.0\Lightmap”
HOUDINI_PATH = “$HOUDINI_PATH;$HDRLS_ROOT;&”
HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH = “$HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH;$HDRLS_ROOT;&”
#
# —————————– HDR Light Studio Connection End ——————————-
41 posts
I was experimenting with the env file after adding a trial of Arnold and purchasing RenderMan and of course having to add the plugin info to env. loads of trouble started to occur. Seeking guidance on the internet I found one suggestion of having only one “&” at the end of the last “HOUDINI_PATH” variable. That fixed all the Console messages and the PDG errors went away! The plugins are all still accessible with one caveat (RenderMan and Arnold coexisting) but that's for another thread.
41 posts
Thanks to a video on the youtube [www.youtube.com] I was able to get the houdini.env working as I think it should. All plugins show up and none of those Console errors.

My env file:

# HOUDINI_NO_SPLASH = 1

#Arnold Trial
PATH = “$PATH;C:\Users\Esteban\htoa\htoa-5.1.1_r126b954_houdini-18.0.416\htoa-5.1.1_r126b954_houdini-18.0.416\scripts\bin”
HtoA = “C:\Users\Esteban\htoa\htoa-5.1.1_r126b954_houdini-18.0.416\htoa-5.1.1_r126b954_houdini-18.0.416;”

#RenderMan
RMANTREE=C:\Program Files\Pixar\RenderManProServer-23.2
RFHTREE=C:\Program Files\Pixar\RenderManForHoudini-23.2
RMAN_PROCEDURALPATH=$RFHTREE\18.0\openvdb;&
PATH=$RMANTREE\bin;&

#ODTools
ODSHELF = “C:\Users\Esteban\Documents\houdini18.0\ODHoudiniShelfTools”

#HDR Light Studio Connection
HDRLS_ROOT=“C:\Users\Esteban\Documents\houdini18.0\Lightmap”
HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH = “$HOUDINI_OTLSCAN_PATH;$HDRLS_ROOT;&”

#HOUDINI 3RD PARTY EXTENSIONS PATH
HOUDINI_PATH=“$HtoA;$RFHTREE\18.0;$ODSHELF;$HDRLS_ROOT;&”