Hip file drag and drop onto gui not working

4180   9   1
78 posts
In versions previous to 18.0, I have been able to drag and drop hip files onto the main window to open them. In 18.0 it shows a copy indicator when I drag a file over the gui, but dropping the file onto it has no effect. Is this a bug?
7741 posts
It's been buggin' me, that's for sure.
78 posts
I'll put in a bug report then.
3 posts
Have a look at my little script?
197 posts
Lewis_Orton
Have a look at my little script?

About 2 years ago I made a very similar script for my work, but in H18.0 it just stopped working, interacting with drag and drop with the viewport has no effect. But, he still works in H17.5.
I already wrote a bug report, but have not yet fixed it.

Description: Debian GNU / Linux 9.12 (stretch)
Release: 9.12
Codename: stretch
14 posts
I made something similar as part of ODTools…

@alexwheezy your script (if it works in 17.5 and not 18) just needs a minor addition to it.

What H18 sees when a file is dropped unfortunately got changed (it now outputs a URL versus just the filestring like it did in H17.5.
I filed a bug report for that too, as in 17.5, it was possible to drop multiple files, and in H18, only a single file is now possible..
To make your script work in H18, you simply have to unquote the file variable: unquote(urlparse(file).path)
Oliver Hotz
#creator of ODShelfTools for Houdini: https://origamidigital.com/cart/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_63 [origamidigital.com]
197 posts
@heimlich, my problem is that the Houdini interface does not respond to my actions at all. Previously, at least I received errors, warnings, and the like, now absolutely no reaction. I tried a lot to change something in my script, but it just doesn't work. I think there are some problems with the Linux version.
I tried to find something in the environment variables, but I did not find anything like it.
2 posts
Reported it and got the following message from Support:

This problem should be fixed in 18.0.552.

cheers,
Chris
2 posts
I logged it as bug, and it should be fixed in one of the next versions.

-c
11 posts
I am having the same problem at the moment?

running 18.0.416

the weird thing is. it works on some computers but not others in our studio setup?

has this been fixed with later versions?

cheers Daniel

- UPDATE -
just installed 18.5.408

still having the same issues.
did anyone manage to fix this?

- UPDATE 2 -
for some reason this function stopped work for me when the software is running in administration mode?
I informed the SESI.
Edited by danielsweeney - Jan. 27, 2021 18:04:06
  • Quick Links