Constraints Are Not Breaking

1678   2   0
128 posts
Can someone help me understand why the constraints are not breaking when getting blasted with a fast moving sphere under the dop network named “New Fractured Pieces”

I have a larger project where I am doing something similar. I had a main RBD sim that was done with a huge rock falling then I wanted to take a few of those pieces and further fracture them and add more constraints so they break from a projectile into smaller pieces later in the animation; however whenever I went to add constraints to these pieces they wouldn't bust apart. I'm assuming it has to do with the gaps between the geometry but anyone with more experience than me could probably solve this issue quickly.

You'll just need to cache the small sims I have in this test file.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Vincent Griffith
Edited by VGriffith - May 14, 2020 03:04:43

Attachments:
TEST.hiplc (951.4 KB)

8513 posts
because Override With SOP is 1 on your constraintnetwork1
and that's because default expression will make it 1 on all frames if the source constraint geo is time dependent
your constraint geo is time dependent because your /obj/Import/Freeze_Frame node is still keeping the geo time dependent, you can see it by green stopwatch badge, use Timeshft with a static frame instead, that will properly remove time dependency

alternatively you can remove mentioned expression on Override With SOP parameter with something simple like $SF==1
Edited by tamte - May 14, 2020 03:13:57
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
128 posts
You nailed it, both suggestions totally work. Thank you so much.
  • Quick Links