Animating Points in Vellum; Overlapping Snake sim

769   0   0
4 posts
So first off, I am relatively new to Vellum and I am sure I am making any number of mistakes in how I approach this challenge but I am at a loss for how to replicate this effect in Vellum: Link to Example [shorturl.at] . I've been trying to do every Vellum tutorial I can find, and I have managed to get a lot of the elements of the effect working at a high level such as moving points along a curve and setting up Vellum Constraints and solvers but no matter what I do I can't wrap my head around bundling objects together or animating the points that go into the solver. I feel like all I manage to get are points that jitter and fly off into space. What I really love about the example I am basing this off of is that it manages to have really tight bundling and there is a lot of believable movement as the snakes move around and collide with other snakes that they are wrapping around. If anyone can help lead me in the right direction for achieving this effect I would be super grateful! I will provide an attached file that should at least help display where I managed to get to before getting stuck.
Edited by NichoReynolds - May 14, 2020 20:52:13

Attachments:
SnakeBall.hipnc (3.5 MB)

• Quick Links