load cache only at rendertime

907   2   1
406 posts
I was wondering if it's somehow possible to only load a cached file at rendertime .

When I hide some cached files to speedup my viewport playback, I have to unhide them every time before I want to render a preview. It would save a lot of mouse clicks to automatically only load the cache at rendertime.

I tried using a “view visibility” node to hide the object, but that doesn't stop the cache from loading even though the object is not visible in any viewport.

Thanks.

R.
Edited by toonafish - May 17, 2020 10:16:59
8506 posts
just load it as Packed Disk Primitive or for alembics keep as Packed Alembic Primitives
on File (or Alembic) SOP you can specify how you want to see them in viewport (Display Packed As)
or you can also use Packed Edit SOP for that

they will be written to .ifd just as direct file references and Mantra will load the files directly

also you can completely hide the object in the viewport and use Force Objects parameter in the ROP to specify which objects to render, which is the advised way to do that anyway compared to default Candidate Objects filter
Edited by tamte - May 17, 2020 10:30:16
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
406 posts
tamte
just load it as Packed Disk Primitive or for alembics keep as Packed Alembic Primitives
on File (or Alembic) SOP you can specify how you want to see them in viewport (Display Packed As)
or you can also use Packed Edit SOP for that

they will be written to .ifd just as direct file references and Mantra will load the files directly

also you can completely hide the object in the viewport and use Force Objects parameter in the ROP to specify which objects to render, which is the advised way to do that anyway compared to default Candidate Objects filter

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
  • Quick Links