Add current selection to existing group

3124   6   1
96 posts
Maybe I'm just a little slow today, but… how do I add a current selection (e.g. a few points in modeling view) to a currently selected group node? Without creating a new group node?

All the hotkey shortcuts are limited to the Channel Groups context, for the modeling context I can't find anything…
Staff
5156 posts
With the group SOP selected that you want to add points to, use Reselect Geometry (backtick hotkey). Then use Shift+Ctrl to add the points to the selection in the viewport, then press Enter.
96 posts
Thanks. I could have sworn I tried that and it wouldn't work. Now it does though, and I'm happy. Cheers
2 posts
I kept seeing people say to use the tilda key (~)
you're the first person I see who says the backtick key (`)

Which is what it is!!
I've be shift clicking the key to get the tilda all this time, no wonder it wasn't working.

It's the ` key, thx!

twod
With the group SOP selected that you want to add points to, use Reselect Geometry (backtick hotkey). Then use Shift+Ctrl to add the points to the selection in the viewport, then press Enter.
555 posts
i've always known it as tilde
2036 posts
Well technically it is ` and not ~ (tilde) because to get the actual tilde you have to use shift.

I still find though from time to time using ` to get more selections on the same group node a bit flakey; Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Edited by BabaJ - May 21, 2020 09:22:19
731 posts
I always do escape-enter then the backtick key for reselecting. Then it seems to always work.
Sean Lewkiw
CG Supervisor
Machine FX - Cinesite MTL
  • Quick Links