aligning skin curves after boolean

1162   5   1
5 posts
Hey guys,

I am an architect/designer and currently trying to learn Houdini to see its potential in Architecture.
I am having an issue which seems to be simple but I cannot figure out. I have a smooth geometry which I boolean with a series of boxes. I then isolate the top and bottom surfaces to rebuild the curves and skin together to create a clean surface. However the Skin looks like a mess. I assumed it would have something to do with point order but that's not fixing the issue?

Am I missing something?
Edited by neRahulgirish - May 21, 2020 19:01:49

Attachments:
SkinMess.JPG (99.2 KB)
BooleanFloor&Ceiling.JPG (62.1 KB)

7737 posts
The sections should all be wound in the same order and with the same number of vertices and lined up to skin smoothly.
5 posts
How would one go about sorting the point/vertex order for each primitive so it matches. I have the same num of points for each section.. I am currently trying to use match topology SOP however that seems to not be aligning the point order with the reference section. I have attached a the file with the problem isolated.

Image Not Found

Attachments:
section_skin_attempt.hipnc (185.2 KB)

5 posts
Even crazier!
I managed to sort the point order to match however skin OP doesn't actually even use the point order, instead it uses the default vertex order. How can I get the vertex order to follow the point order?

Attachments:
whatttt.JPG (106.9 KB)

8525 posts
here is one way

Attachments:
section_skin_fix.hipnc (212.5 KB)
section_skin_fix.png (162.4 KB)

Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
5 posts
That is brilliant!
I understand the logic behind that solution, thanks a lot Tomas!
  • Quick Links