Houdini and PyTorch

2178   4   3
36 posts
Hey everyone!

I'm trying to experiment with PyTorch inside of Houdini and PDG however I've gotten stuck at the first step… I can't import torch or torchvision or any PyTorch packages; I get a “module not found” error. I am using the latest Python 3 version of Houdini on Windows, Python (version 3.7.4) and PyTorch (version 1.5) are installed correctly and work from the Windows command line. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan
36 posts
In case anyone is wondering, you just have to copy the packages to your Houdini Python library.
45 posts
Hey do you mind going into details ? I understand that I have to put the pytorch lib inside my houdini python folder but could be precise regarding where I can find the packaged lib and what should I put into /bin /include /lib and /share ?

Thanks.
36 posts
For Windows:

Copy the folders/files from this folder: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\Lib\site-packages

To this folder: C:\Users\user\Documents\houdini18.0\scripts\python
45 posts
Thanks ! I just got it to work by copying the files to /install/python/lib/python3.7/site-packages.

I will keep you posted if I get more success working with PDG but I might take a bit of time to get here.

Again thanks a lot.
  • Quick Links