Cloth Solver + SOP Solver as a remeshing post-process

1354   3   0
128 posts
Is it a stable configuration? I've implemented arcsim's remeshing mechanics as a sop-node, but it leads to high unstability durig performance in sop-solver in dop network. Of course, I try to keep attributes consistency, and when it is no remeshing performed (but geometry passed through custom remeshing sop internal paths anyway) - everything goes fine. Does cloth solver/object keep some topology-oriented data? After any remeshing attempt next cloth solver execution crashes almost each time.

Thank you.
Anything that flies
8538 posts
It used to be fine to remesh cloth, at least if you interpolate all attributes properly, haven't tried for a while now. But definitely report any crashes to support
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
128 posts
Yes, it really works, I've managed it. So bad, that it is now out of attention of SESI. Do you know, what approach of remeshing cloth-geometry is with Vellum objects? It leads to massive reconstruction of constraints geometries, as I seem, it fears me really.
Anything that flies
8538 posts
JOEMI
It leads to massive reconstruction of constraints geometries, as I seem, it fears me really.
yes, currently it's up to you to manage the constraints
as without knowing certain info and assumptions there is no way to rebuild Vellum constraints since you can mix and match them as you please
so for now you have to handle any assumption based constraint setup within the solver yourself
Edited by tamte - May 24, 2020 20:46:44
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links