Viewport keeps going blank

1893   4   2
4 posts
Recently I've had the Scene View going blank while working with Houdini- no geometry displayed, no reference plane, just a blank blue pane. It happens in multiple objects in the scene, and occasionally it displays while I rotate the camera and then blanks again once I stop rotating.

This is a decent machine 3950x, 65GB, GeForce 2070 Super, and the scene isn't that intensive. Does anyone have any ideas what's going on?

Attachments:
houdini_no_scene_view.png (1.5 MB)

806 posts
Looks like you're using Redshift. Might be a Redshift thing - try disabling it and see if the problem goes away. Or/And make sure to use a matching combination of Redshift plugin and Houdini daily build.

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
4 posts
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to change anything. I've commented out the lines for Redshift in my Houdini.env, started Houdini, loaded the scene- and no luck. The toolbar options for Redshift have disappeared so it has removed it successfully- but the viewport still keeps going blank.

I appreciate the suggestion though, thanks.
806 posts
Hi,

apologies for being imprecise. If you are SURE that your Redshift plugin MATCHES the Houdini build you are using (you are not providing that information), then please try to REMOVE the Redshift plugin. See this post [www.sidefx.com] for confirmation of my theory.

The best idea is to not use Redshift anyway, but that's my very biased personal opinion and unrelated to this problem.

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
4 posts
I have made sure it's the same version (Redshift 3.0.21 with the Houdini 18.0.460 plugin, matching what I'm using), and I did try removing the Houdini.env lines setting PATH and HOUDINI_PATRH so that it couldn't find the Redshift plugin any more but hit the same problems.

At the moment though things seem to be working again and I have no idea why, if it starts to break again I'll try removing Redshift completely and see if that helps.

Thanks for your time helping with this though, it's appreciated.
  • Quick Links