Issues with Input Nodes

1654   2   0
18 posts
Hey guys,

I think this happened after having removed some HDA parameters. Basically I can not get a second Input Node to work properly. I encounter different kind of issues:
- sometimes the UNITY_MESH/HDA dropdown does not let me select HDA. It opens, and I can click HDA, but UNITY_MESH stays selected
- sometimes I can select HDA, add a slot and assign my curve, but after a Rebuild, the slot gets emptied and is not taking into account
- sometimes (and always after having the previous issue) clicking Add Slot gives me multiple times the following error:
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) (at <437ba245d8404784b9fbab9b439ac908>:0)
HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_InputNodeUI.EditorDrawInputNode (HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_InputNode inputNode) (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Editor/UI/HEU_InputNodeUI.cs:284)
HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_HoudiniAssetUI.DrawInputNodesSection (HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_HoudiniAsset asset, UnityEditor.SerializedObject assetObject) (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Editor/UI/HEU_HoudiniAssetUI.cs:917)
HoudiniEngineUnity.HEU_HoudiniAssetUI.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Plugins/HoudiniEngineUnity/Editor/UI/HEU_HoudiniAssetUI.cs:206)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass58_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <480b5a3bd3214ce5831f6dd8c68fdc55>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

and the inspector looks broken:

Everything works as expected in Houdini.
I have tried with fresh new Test HDA and encountered no issue. It seems related to that specific HDA.
I could try to move my entire network (which is quite dense) to a new HDA but I'd also need to repopulate all the parameters… not even sure that would help anyway. Also, it's quite difficult for me to share anything at that stage because of the complexity of the project.

I just update to Houdini 18.0.486 (that didn't fix the issue) and am using Unity 2019.3.13f1 (Windows).

Any help would be appreciated.
Edited by Florian13 - June 4, 2020 11:31:32
18 posts
I found where the issue comes from and it's actually very easy to reproduce.

Simply uncheck “Parameter change” under “Asset Options”, then try to add an HDA slot. You'll get the same issues mentioned above. I hope that helps!
571 posts
This will be fixed in tomorrow's build (Houdini 18.0.494). Thanks for posting about it.
  • Quick Links