Smoothing Groups / Normals

2117   0   0
1 posts
Hello

I'm trying to import asset to unreal engine and seems like I'm struggling a bit with smoothing groups/normals.

Asset was created in 3ds max. When imported straight to the unreal engine, everything works as expected. But when imported to Houdini and then exported to the unreal engine (without any changes), there seems to be a shading issue (look at the image provided).

I am trying to figure it out what I'm doing wrong as I'd like to fracture this asset and export to u4, but my normals keep being broken for some reason.

Image:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rlyal-Dsdc0dv4KJaR7epeDPrsvSvqvK/view?usp=sharing [drive.google.com]

Inside Houdini (viewport) normals/smoothing groups look correctly. I've tried facet, normal, normal labs nodes etc. and even tried to transfer attribute (UV) and nothing works. It also seems like the mesh got yellow tint to it as well in the unreal engine for some reason. Also, I've noticed that Houdini swaps my UV channels as well. Upon import, I have uv0 and uv1 what Houdini does it to swap them around.

I sort of fed up at this point so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Edited by pmargacz - June 25, 2020 11:06:48
  • Quick Links