Sidefx labs tools missing

11310   13   3
5 posts
hi,

i`ve got a little problem installing the labs tools. They suddenly went missing and even after multiple times uninstalling and updating they are not visible. i even tried the manual installation from github.
i updated to 18.0.499 but the problems still there.

Am i doing something wrong? Until now i just had to press the update button and the nodes became available.

thank you very much
7 posts
Same here.
Strange.
7 posts
It's a guess, but isn't should be there a bin folder with the dll files inside the SideFXLabs18.0 folder?
320 posts
same here using 0.498; typing Lab in tab menu only gives these results: Fire Presets, Impostor Camera Rig and LOD Hierarchy.
I filled out a bug report to support.
4 posts
I struggled with this for awhile. I also thought that since the JSON file points to a bin file that the files were incomplete.

But I did a quick test with a default Houdini.env and it worked perfectly. So I added back my original Houdini.env variables one by one and was able to figure it out.

It turned on in my case that Arnold. According too the docs “The path to the HtoA folder must be inserted before the factory Houdini folders in the HOUDINI_PATH.” And that seems to throw off the LABS package. So the fix was to put Arnold in a package as well and all works fine.

Hope this helps.
10 posts
i have the same issue. can you elaborate on the solution please?
4 posts
kimba23
i have the same issue. can you elaborate on the solution please?

There is most likely a Houdini_Path in you .env that is causing a conflict. When I wrote this I just had Arnold in a package as I thought it was the problem but it turned out Redshift was missing some things as well. I have since put Arnold, Redshift, MOPS and Labs in packages. My Houdini Env is mostly just settings and paths to commonly used files. Everything works fine and I can load labs from the shelf or from Github.

But to make sure that is the issue you could back up and remove your .env. When you launch Houdini it will create an empty default .env. Then see if the Labs installation works. If it does then you know it is a problem with how you original .env.
7 posts
Okay. For me it's Octane.
This is ridiculous. I can't disable my primary render engine.
Is there any real solution for this?
3 posts
Same here but I found the solution for me was in fixing the missing/wrong path inside the “SideFXLabs.json” file that points to the installed package and lives here: “..\Documents\houdini18.0\packages”. You can download the package manually and save it where ever you like. then make sure the path is correct.
5 posts
i deleted the user file and let houdini create a new one. after that it worked fine.
Thanks SideFX Support!!
15 posts
Had the same problem. Needed to delete prman and redshift to fix it.
10 posts
i figured out the the solution

Here is the code for redshift variables we installed to houdini.env
# ------- Redshift ----------
HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR = 2
PATH = "$PATH;C:/ProgramData/Redshift/bin;&"
HOUDINI_PATH = "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/18.0.597;&"

the solution is to add “$HOUDINI_PATH;” to the path “C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/18.0.597;&”
HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR = 2
HOUDINI_PATH = "$HOUDINI_PATH;C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/18.0.597;&"
31 posts
Hazem Sabry
i figured out the the solution

Here is the code for redshift variables we installed to houdini.env
HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR = 2
HOUDINI_PATH = "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/18.0.597;&"

the solution is to add "$HOUDINI_PATH;" to the path "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/18.0.597;&"
HOUDINI_DSO_ERROR = 2
HOUDINI_PATH = "$HOUDINI_PATH;C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/18.0.597;&"
Thank you! Thank you! You saved my life!
2 posts
Thank you for the solution! Similar approach works for RenderMan
  • Quick Links