"Follow Path" and RBD Objects

2483   6   1
4 posts
Hello everyone!
I want to animate collision between two objects, which are following their own paths (at the beginning I have 2 spheres).
I have created 2 different paths for those objects, and wow… They are moving, but - now I don't know what next.
I create DOPNet and inside I create RBD Object 1 and 2, which are those two spheres and add bulletsolver, but now those RBD are not moving. Is there any way to import those two path inside DOPNet and make those spheres moving?
209 posts
Hey mate!
This HIP can be simplest case.

Attachments:
Follow Path.hip (342.1 KB)

4 posts
N-G
Hey mate!
This HIP can be simplest case.

Ok it works. But unfortunately I have next problem. Of course in case of two simple spheres it is ok, but maybe I should tell you what I want to have at final. I want to animate collision between two vessels. I have objects made in 3Ds and they are really big and have a lot of details. I exported them into OBJ files and load in Houdini. I tried to make them move in this way (I just replace “sphere” with “file”) and they don't move.
209 posts
I have hard coded group parameter for both curve force nodes as 0 and 1!
You may need to switch these values based on the location of your objects.
4 posts
Thanks for help.
I decided to use “Follow Path” and just in the moment when the vessel touch eachother they will stop, because when I tried to simulate this collision in the way we were writing about, I saw fatal error. It is too much for my computer.
So thanks a lot.
And if you can tell me please, can I make that different points of one object will follow another paths?
I don't want to create another topic for that question.
209 posts
Sure thing!
You can separate your object into two Geometry node in object level and then use Follow Path option separately for these two.
4 posts
For this example I created two sample paths and box and I would like to make front of this box move along the f_path and back of this box along another path, so I would like to make this box drifting.
If I separate my obj into two geo nodes then I have two objects, but I don't know…

Attachments:
Example.hipnc (129.4 KB)

• Quick Links