List of intrinsic attributes?

3994   4   1
192 posts
Hi,

I am reading this [www.tokeru.com], and at the bottom I found these questions:

Exercises
What other intrinsics can you find? Check what is available on some more exotic geometry types like volumes vs vdbs, packed alembics
We've gone through most of the common attribute types and how to define them by prefixes, search the help to find the full list
What other intrinsics are writable?
Are there any intrinsics at other geometry levels? (Ie point intrinsics, vertex intrinsics, detail intrinsics)

I know I can see them in the Geometry Spreadsheet, but I don't know how I am supposed to know what they are and if they are writeable, etc, apart from heavy experimentation with them, for which I am to lazy at the moment.

Isn't there like a nice list of all these things? I've searched the documentation, but I did not find one.
Edited by OdFotan - May 29, 2019 10:13:35
8538 posts
in Geometry Spreadsheet writable intrinsics show their values as white while read only as grey

otherwise I don't know if there is a docummentation for them, however intrinsics for most primitive types and detail are pretty self explanatory if you are familiar with those types
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
900 posts
tamte
in Geometry Spreadsheet writable intrinsics show their values as white while read only as grey

otherwise I don't know if there is a docummentation for them, however intrinsics for most primitive types and detail are pretty self explanatory if you are familiar with those types

It seems that there are certain intrinsic attribs that don't show up in the spreadsheet, like the “transform” (being it a matrix maybe it cannot be displayed in the spreadsheet?).
You can still access it through primintrinsic(), but you would have to know that that particular instrinsic existed in first place.

So the question remains, is there a full list of intrinsic attributes?
179 posts
Very late to the party... but for any new readers, type
ginfo -I
into: Windows > Shell
289 posts
Mike_A
Very late to the party... but for any new readers, type
ginfo -I
into: Windows > Shell

Thanks for this tip. But that adds a lot more intrinsics I don't know what their purpose or datatype is.
A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on another computer.
  • Quick Links