UDIM Scale Help!

1184   2   0
310 posts
Hello! I am struggling with an issue, where if I have a simple boolean fractured geometry, and I uv flatten it, I get my uvs in UDIM 1001, which is good, however at this point, the uvs are too small, and we can't see the resolution of the checkerboard from uv quickshade. If I scale up my UVs with a UVTransform by 10x, my UVs look great, but they are no longer in 1001. If I use a UV Layout again, then they are placed into UDIM 1001, but they are scaled down again and don't look great. I noticed on simpler geometry, with less fractures, there is enough space to fit all the UVs for the interior edges in 1 udim, and then I dont have any resolution issues, but what I am supposed to do when I have tons of geometry? Any help would be much appreciated!!
7740 posts
Layout the uv with multiple UDIMs? I'm not sure what the question is. On even the most basic character asset, not complex geometry, there could be anywhere from 10 to 50 UDIMs used.
310 posts
Thanks. I’m currently filling 4 UDIMs with other faces, but I was told to put all my interior face uvs in one. Looks like I’m not doing anything wrong though. Thanks again
  • Quick Links