Exporting format but with textures

2568   5   0
159 posts
The setup i have is this: Two flowers, and then i copy them to points because i was i need of a larger scene(more instances). Just before they go to copytopoints, i attach mat sop to them to bring in a painted texture i previously had, because obviously i wanted my instaced flowers to have texture. Now, just how do i export the file, i mean, in what format, because i need to export with textures also which i applied previously. I tried with obj. and i didn't bring textures with it when imported it back in blender.
Please, does anyone has a suggestion on this?
Edited by MilanB - Aug. 11, 2020 12:40:19
159 posts
Apprentice currently
7726 posts
There isn't one that apprentice can export. Exporting with materials is a scene export, which requires the full version. Formats that include materials are FBX, USD, and Gltf. Although I think only USD would work with instances with materials.
159 posts
Okaay.Thank you!
340 posts
If the UVs are set up properly, it would be easy to recreate the materials in Blender if you exported as an obj file from Houdini Apprentice. It isn't automatic, but so long as you aren't using point color but an actual texture, you shouldn't have any problem. Uv's do get exported with obj files, so you just need to attach the texture maps to the material in Blender the same way you did in Mantra materials.
Edited by Island - Aug. 12, 2020 13:21:29
7726 posts
If you don't mind scripting, I'm sure you could use python to generate obj mtl files as well.
  • Quick Links