Hqueuescheduler issue - doesn't evaluate/submit

2206   9   1
6 posts
Hello, hope this is the right place to ask this question. I've been trying to submit a job to hqueue through TOPs, however the node doesn't do anything when hitting submit/cook and it's hard to say what exactly is going on. At a first glance it looks like python isn't being executed, and the other strange thing is that it works on other machines while on this specific machine it has this effect (see attached image).

Anybody have an idea what's causing this problem? Using Houdini Indie 18.0.348
Edited by Haseo556 - June 10, 2020 03:47:24

Attachments:
2020-05-29_19-35-12_1.gif (187.5 KB)

603 posts
It looks like you have no wedge items being generated - what if you cook wedge1 first?
6 posts
I can generate the wedge if I change the default scheduler back to local.(The submit(submit as job) still does nothing.)
With Hqueuescheduler specified ‘generating’ wedge nodes does nothing.

Presumambly submitting as a ‘standalone job’ with Hqueue, the generating/cooking should all happen on the farms clients?
603 posts
> With Hqueuescheduler specified ‘generating’ wedge nodes does nothing.

Are you saying that generating the wedge node does not produce any uncooked work items? Are there any error messages on the scheduler nodes ?
6 posts
Yeah it's not generating anything to be cooked when using Hqueuescheduler, and there are no error messages on the scheduler nodes.
6 posts
Hello again, I still haven't managed to figure why this is happening. Is there a way to troubleshoot what's happening when trying to cook? Or possible suggestion on how to solve this

Problem is persisting after a fresh houdini re-install.
603 posts
There might be an error which is stopping the cook, could you attach a hip file ?
6 posts
Here's the hip file, hope this helps narrow down the problem. It's only the hqueuescheduler that doesn't work, while the regular scheduler and hqueue simulate/render outside TOPs work fine.

Attachments:
scheduler_test.hip (498.7 KB)

603 posts
The Universal HFS parm is set to “C:\Program Files\Si…”. This might be messing things up because of the quotes and the back slashes. Try setting it to simply $HFS .
6 posts
Tried using $HFS but still getting the same results.

Edit. I gave the same file to a friend that's on the same hqueue server and it works. We have the hqueue server running on a separate machine
Edited by Haseo556 - Sept. 6, 2020 07:55:28
  • Quick Links