Houdini Apprentice Experiencing Crash on Fluid Compress

3173   4   1
3 posts
Hiya!

Recently been working on learning fluids and the tutorial I have been following requires me to connect a DOP I/O node into a fluid compress node. Once the two are connected I go to enable the fluid compress. Upon enabling, Houdini crashes. This has happened every one of the four times I have tried it so far and is always at the step of enabling the fluid compress. Still quite new to Houdini so I am unsure of what the issue could possibly be but wondering if anyone here might be able to offer a pointer or help.

Cheers!
2529 posts
Check the Support menu at the top of this page under system requirements. Make sure your computer is compatible with running the software.
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
3 posts
Enivob
Check the Support menu at the top of this page under system requirements. Make sure your computer is compatible with running the software.
Thank you for your reply! I just reviewed the system requirements for both Apple and Windows systems as I've tried it on both and it's given me the same result and my systems meet the system requirements laid out by Houdini. Any other thoughts?
2529 posts
Can you post the troublesome HIP file?
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Ubuntu 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
209 posts
MereCatta
Hiya!

Recently been working on learning fluids and the tutorial I have been following requires me to connect a DOP I/O node into a fluid compress node. Once the two are connected I go to enable the fluid compress. Upon enabling, Houdini crashes. This has happened every one of the four times I have tried it so far and is always at the step of enabling the fluid compress. Still quite new to Houdini so I am unsure of what the issue could possibly be but wondering if anyone here might be able to offer a pointer or help.

Cheers!

Hey!
This happens for me too on Houdini 18.0.566.
I updated to Houdini 18.0.579 and everything works fine now!
  • Quick Links