Scene Graph Tree shortcut

3784   3   1
2 posts
Hi all,
While watching this LA Users Group presentation on Solaris: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EDo6XkJk1g [www.youtube.com] , I noticed that Yuqing was able to just have a selection in his scene graph and drop down a Prune node which automatically filled the Primitive Pattern param.

Is this a custom hotkey or are there specific Solaris/lops keyboard shortcuts? I couldn't find a page that showed them. I find myself constantly having to fill similar params in other lop nodes and would be great if it just took my selection into account!
42 posts
Hi Aylwin,

If you are in a Scene View/3D View and do TAB to add a Prune/Blast/.. node, then the UI will try to populate the new node with your selection. If you do the same in a Stage/Network panel you just get a new node. Maybe that's what you saw in the demo?

Cheers,
Joakim Arnesson, ILM
2 posts
Ah yes, that's right, if I do it in the viewer it does try to populate it. I guess it doesn't work with every lop node with a primitive param though – i.e. Assign Material, Sop Modify doesn't pick it up. But thanks for this.

I will add though that Katana's ‘Add Scene Graph Selection / Append Scene Graph Selection /Remove Scene Graph Selection’ options in its parameters I think would be handy for these.
Edited by Aylwin - Sept. 15, 2020 16:58:06
1 posts
The Scene Graph shows all the nodes of a scene, organized in a tree structure. Imported files are highlighted in green. The root node is at the top of the structure and is a parent to all other nodes in the scene. The root node is a group node and cannot be deleted, renamed, or otherwise. forpc [forpc.onl] jiofilocalhtml.rum [jiofilocalhtml.run]
Edited by yelparesix - June 16, 2021 21:18:21
  • Quick Links