Engine for Export Fx Caches from H to M

3642   8   0
84 posts
Hi,

we have some problem to read the v attribute in Maya with Engine. In the hda we have an output, where the v attribute exist. But not in Maya with Hengine. Is this not possible? ..we tried to

If its make sense I could send the hda with an meshfile.

Thanks, Tom.

Attachments:
sh1090_fx_caches_v04.hda (77.6 KB)

Staff
463 posts
Hello Tom,

Maya meshes cannot handle generic attributes like Houdini can. The recommended way to get this information into Maya is to use a color set, like you are already doing in your HDA.
84 posts
hi John,

big thanks for fast reply the maya guy told me, there are no Cd attrib with v. seems to be the attribe rename sop don't work. I have an output node to force to cook everything above. Maybe he have to press the synce or recook(Hengine in Maya) button to get the attrib rename to work? ..he only see the attrib that bake in the caches.
Staff
463 posts
Would you be able to send me your files? If you can't attach them here, please send them to support@sidefx.com and I will take a look.
84 posts
Hi,

another question regarding HEngine in Maya: is it possible to import particles (nParticles in Maya) with custom attributes? I have a float attribute for lightemissio. Or is it possible to use a default attribute an mapping it inside Maya?

thanks.
Staff
463 posts
The attribute mappings can be found here: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/maya/_maya__particle.html [www.sidefx.com]
84 posts
thanks john! I read it, but there nothing about how to handle custom attributes. Is there a way to us a default attribute to importing some custom attributes?
Staff
463 posts
Yes, you can use an attribute rename node in Houdini to rename your “lightemissio” attribute to one of the names in the map. For instance, you could put it into “opacityPP”.
84 posts
thanks, it works now.
tom
  • Quick Links