Houdini Launcher - libHARD.dll was not found.

2650   3   1
37 posts
I'm having a problem launching the Houdini Launcher on Windows 10. I get an error that says libHARD.dll was not found when trying to launch the License Manager. Is there any solution?
Edited by AspenExcel - Aug. 25, 2020 17:43:36

Attachments:
2020-08-25_17-39-11.png (6.8 KB)

37 posts
So I fixed my problem by downloading the standard Houdini installer and extracting libHARD.dll, libHAPIL.dll, and event_core.dll and placing them in the Launcher bin directory, then the License Manager was able to run from the Houdini Launcher. Not sure why these files are not included.
57 posts
Still with the latest Launcher this problem occurs and the workaround probably works (I did not need it as I did not need to go to License Manager at this time) but it must not be so that we need to copy those files each time Houdini is updated.

Please fix the Launcher ASAP.

Also why Houdini Launcher is SO slow to update? Even Labs tools update takes 2-3 minutes when inside Houdini it only takes about 15 seconds. Updating the Houdini itself is much slower than direct installer. Why?

Launcher would be nice if it was fast and didn't need extra manual procedures to fix.

Also the Launcher icon should default to opening the latest version, now we first need to open the Launcher and then there press another button. It's not much but extra clicks anyway

Antti
Edited by atnreg - Sept. 19, 2020 08:51:27
My system:
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990 (32-core),64GB RAM,NVIDIA RTX 3090,Win10
UE5.1,Houdini 19.5 Indie(always latest daily),Blender,Clarisse,Onyx,ZBrush...
Clarisse 2016-09, Houdini 2018-05 (seriously 2019-10)
I do all 3D for fun, no business
14 posts
Hi,

I have the same issue. The Houdini Launcher seems to be a never ending source of problems for me. Flakey is an understatement.

Shaun
  • Quick Links