Bullet Soft Constraint Relationship dynamics sop attributes?

2017   4   1
58 posts
what are sop primitive attributes to set ‘Bullet Soft Constraint Relationship dynamics’ aka ‘bulletsoftconrel’ node

it is recognizing with rbdconstraintproperties sop node

but not recognizing when I am manual setting primitive wrangle to set

s@constraint_name = 'soft';
    s@constraint_type = 'all';
    f@stiffness = 5;
    f@dampingratio = 1;
    i@disablecollisions=0;
    i@enableangular=0;
    i@numiterations=-1;

I got restlength and name in point attribute
Image Not Found
Edited by Sweetener - Sept. 21, 2020 13:40:29

Attachments:
destruction_5.hipnc (343.7 KB)

Houdini Fx Artist (Build)
8539 posts
do you have a file of it not working?
because rbdconstraint properties is just setting the attributes, so it is the same as if you set them manualy as setting them manually was the only way before that node was added
f@restlength however is also prim attrib
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
58 posts
tamte
do you have a file of it not working?
because rbdconstraint properties is just setting the attributes, so it is the same as if you set them manualy as setting them manually was the only way before that node was added
f@restlength however is also prim attrib
done please check the file.
thank you
8539 posts
in short s@constraint_name = ‘soft’; should be s@constraint_name = ‘Soft’;
as the name of your constraint starts with capital S

also not sure why you are promoting restlength to point, but by doing so you are essentially disabling that attribute so it will use the value from constraint itself which is 1

I'm not exactly sure what you are going for, but if you want an effect where after breaking glue it will switch to soft, you can also do it directly by configuring the constriaint to have s@next_constriaint_name and s@next_constraint_type
which on Configure Constraint node is when your primary mode is Glue and you check Switch Constraint Type When Broken
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
58 posts
tamte
in short s@constraint_name = ‘soft’; should be s@constraint_name = ‘Soft’;
as the name of your constraint starts with capital S

also not sure why you are promoting restlength to point, but by doing so you are essentially disabling that attribute so it will use the value from constraint itself which is 1

I'm not exactly sure what you are going for, but if you want an effect where after breaking glue it will switch to soft, you can also do it directly by configuring the constriaint to have s@next_constriaint_name and s@next_constraint_type
which on Configure Constraint node is when your primary mode is Glue and you check Switch Constraint Type When Broken

sorry that was my mistake not checking the cap thing at dop level it is with cap S.
I think it works with any capping untill it matches at both levels.

thank you for further helping with broken constraint attribute, it is working good and minimal network nodes too.
rest length, when it is prim it is working good, thank you so much for correcting the class type for rl.

Awesome.
Edited by Sweetener - Sept. 22, 2020 00:20:12
  • Quick Links