Tops RBD sim wedging after 18.0.416 releases working ?

3090   3   1
58 posts
recently I studied through the PDG tut 1 Intro to PDG part 1 FX Workflow and completed successfully.
after that currently, I am trying tops to wedge the RDB sim, it is working without the constraint networks,
BUT WHEN EVER using constraints networks in the sim, wedging is failing.
using glue constraints.
when ever constraints network is bypassed wedging is outputting sim results, normally as expected.

I tried several troubleshoots to find out that it is causing due to constraints,
after that I made strength to 0 for constraints and inside sim then it passed several frames normally and then it appears the positions freeze from half way the sim.

rop fetch node is giving an error look likes this

used file cache and dopio nodes as inputs of rop fetch separately to see which is working
custom bookmarks locations mouse over network editor in this file(numbers not in numpad)
1 goes to tops
2 goes to sops
3 goes to dops
4 goes to rops net under tops

in this newly uploaded hip file I used file node to read the sim files, previously It is done with the file cache
below is the sim file.
this time I also uploaded sim and wedged flip results
gravity is set to float the pieces.
looking forward for possible trouble shootings to resolve the wedging.
Edited by Sweetener - Oct. 1, 2020 14:11:33

Attachments:
sim output_index0.mp4 (231.6 KB)
sim output_index1.mp4 (205.7 KB)
wedged output_index0.mp4 (98.7 KB)
wedged output_index1.mp4 (39.9 KB)
PDG RBD workflow_pratice.hipnc (449.9 KB)
rop fetch node info output error1.png (29.1 KB)

Houdini Fx Artist (Build)
58 posts
solved I tried to assign wedged attributes at both levels, still freezing the postions.
now I deleted the rbd cluster and other rbd sops and I tried with single glue assigning at sop lvl with rbd properties and at dop lvl still freezing.

later I just assigned constraint name in constraint out tree and executed tops wedged attribute in dops and it's worked,

may be there are work arounds for rdb constraint sops for top wedging, I am not yet upto that mark now.

apart from sim
this error is still occurring

Attachments:
rop fetch output error with before.png (40.6 KB)

58 posts
I remember now, I messed with the bgeo.sc file defaults in explorer properties window, I think that is causing to open error inside houdini. I set that to happrentice. now I reinstalled the houdini and its opening now.

edit

constraint strength attrib is miss named by me as f@constraint_name instead of f@strength
and in rop output renders, files are placed with .bgeo.sc extension instead of .exr now corrected.

then worked the sim in 287 and 416 versions.
460 499 566 596 597 kept giving unmatched tops wedge results
corrected file is here

please try this file and see if it works in other than 416 and 287 for you, and update here if its working or not working.
we can get know if it is my machine error or software error.
hover over network editor and press 1 to go into tops network and hit the selected last node's cook selected node.

thanks for your time and help.
Edited by Sweetener - Oct. 1, 2020 14:03:20

Attachments:
PDG_RBD.416.hipnc (1.6 MB)
review_op00_1.mp4 (109.0 KB)

58 posts
switching to the Constraint Network DOP's expression for the Overwrite with SOP parameter to $SF == 1, fixed,
since the source SOP is getting marked as time dependent when running under PDG.
  • Quick Links