How to timeshift an animated usd mesh for rest SOP

2518   3   1
645 posts
Hi. I have an animated mesh (for this example an alien). My plan was to output the keyed bind pose (T/A pose)at frame -10 from Maya. I was then going to time shift the USD file to -10 and use this to create my Pref by adding the time shifted version into the other input of the rest SOP.

My workflow has been connecting a sop modify to the USD file, unpacking to polys, and then time shifting. This is having no effect at all however. I have tried it on a box created in Houdini and it works fine. Just not on USD. Am I being really stupid and doing it the wrong way? The annoying thing is timeshift works in the stage context, but I need to do it inside a SOP modify node in Solaris to create the rest and Pref attributes. Thanks for any help. Best Mark PS I have uploaded the usd file but with most of geo deleted to reduce the file size down.

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (184.9 KB)
alien_mesh.usdc (7.9 MB)
timeShift.hipnc (284.2 KB)

7762 posts
I think the sop modify doesn't work with animation by default. the usd import it uses has the frame code set to $RFSTART.

Can you try changing the Time value to $F?
Edited by jsmack - Sept. 30, 2020 17:16:49
7762 posts
jsmack
I think the sop modify doesn't work with animation by default. the usd import it uses has the frame code set to $RFSTART.

Can you try changing the Time value to $F?

Edit:

better yet, change the time value to the time to be used as rest.

Attachments:
alien_rest.hip (87.7 KB)

645 posts
Hi Jsmack. That works perfectly. Thank you!

Best

Mark
  • Quick Links