Substance and Houdini 18 Apprentice

10054   22   2
30 posts
Seems like the Substance COP has been debugged in the very latest release of the SideFX Labs tools - at least I can at last get the Base Color channel out of it. The Substance SOP hasn't yet been tweaked to use Base Color.

Will look more as time allows.
- blog: http://www.jerryhat.com [www.jerryhat.com] - usually features Houdini these days
29 posts
It's not pretty, lol, but at least I was able to get it to show up now using the channel copy method someone had in one of the attached hip's.

18 posts
Hi. Is the SideFX Labs Substance COP working at this point?

I'm using Houdini Indie 18.0.416 and just updated to the latest build of SideFX Labs (says ‘Release 603).

I added a default cube.
Linked that to a Labs UV Unitize beta node.
And linked that to Labs Substance Material Beta.
If I go inside of the Substance node, the copnet shows an error symbol and clicking that red triangle with exclamation mark reveals: “Error: houdini copnet failure to bake rasters - warning no planes matched expression when trying to use sbsar file

I’ve tried testing with a basic cube and a grid and with multiple SBSAR files but can't get anything working. The object stays white within the viewport and render as pink in Mantra when adding a default camera.

Houdini console shows lots of Unable to load texture warnings
Generating new icons…
Done generating new icons.
Qt Warn: External WM_DESTROY received for QWidgetWindow(0x12689bee0, name=”RE_WindowWindow") , parent: QWindow(0x0) , transient parent: QWindow(0x0)
mantra: Unable to load texture ‘op:/obj/box_object1/substance_material1/copnet/HEIGHT’
mantra: Unable to load texture ‘op:/obj/box_object1/substance_material1/copnet/NORM’
mantra: Unable to load texture ‘op:/obj/box_object1/substance_material1/copnet/DIFF’
mantra: Unable to load texture ‘op:/obj/box_object1/substance_material1/copnet/METAL’
mantra: Unable to load texture ‘op:/obj/box_object1/substance_material1/copnet/ROUGH’

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
  • Quick Links