RBD Material Fracture --- Wood Fracture Bug

2346   3   0
39 posts
I've been working on fracturing this alembic I've received for a film. In many cases, I'm fracturing a bunch of separate wood planks by using the RBD Material Fracture in a for loop. Regardless of how I fracture these pieces (either in a for loop or by attribute) I will randomly get fracture bugs like these. It seems like the bug is dependant on position of the geometry…for instance when I transfer the geo and then fracture it other random pieces will be fractured weird. Any idea of the cause?

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (156.0 KB)

678 posts
Hey Aleckb,

I don't know what might cause the issue, but I made good experiences with set pieces to zero and cancel their rotation out before fracturing. After the fracturing, you can reset the transformation to the pieces. this gives more control. Check my example file.

Cheers
CYTE
Edited by CYTE - Oct. 20, 2020 03:05:26

Attachments:
Fracture.hiplc (546.9 KB)

39 posts
CYTE
Hey Aleckb,

I don't know what might cause the issue, but I made good experiences with set pieces to zero and cancel their rotation out before fracturing. After the fracturing, you can reset the transformation to the pieces. this gives more control. Check my example file.

Cheers
CYTE

Seemed to work great! Thank you!
1 posts
Hello,

For those who may be wandering why CYTE's solution might not be working on their project, it seems that the xform gets transformed alongside the rest of the attributes, making the second version of the transform by attributes unable to reverse the transformation.

Not sure if this due to updated attribute copy or anything on the settings of my project, but I found a solution was on the first node named "attribcopy1" on "Attributes to transform" change the value that reads "*" to "* ^xform". Seemed to work on my end.

Hope this helps
  • Quick Links