Classic animatic in Houdini?

3779   3   1
234 posts
I am in animatic making phase of work for film I am doing in school, and I was wondering would it be possible somehow to use houdini procedural system for importing sequence of images and easily manipulate with them. By manipulating I consider changing positions an duration… in fact what I do in premiere but just in Houdini, + of course bunch of cool things I can do more by connecting various nodes…
I try with just importing files into compositing part, but I couldn't manage to manipulate with individual images…
I have have a lot of camera moves/combinations ov cuts and traveling, and I thought that it can be much more fun doing that in 3d… something like a classic montage table but in Houdini

Hope this have at least a bit of sense :?
7714 posts
You can just keyframe some Transform COPs with everything composited together. Set your display flag on the final node and click on the Transform COP to show the handles for animation.
Edited by - Feb. 1, 2007 10:37:27
1192 posts
If you want it in 3d, check the camera switcher object and also the UVQuickShade SOP which allows quick mapping of textures on geometry.

Dragos
Dragos Stefan
producer + director @ www.dsg.ro
www.dragosstefan.ro
234 posts
thanks, I will try to do it… and I will post results
  • Quick Links