[Tool] : Rapid level

1983   2   0
54 posts
Hey Guys,

Maybe you're interested to have a look at the tool which I worked on recently. Basically it's a level design oriented tool which helps you to speed up the process of updating terrain in your levels. Also have a few useful features like:

• Readjust position of Actors in level to match resculpted or procedurally generated terrain.
  • You can send Actors to Houdini, change their position in Houdini, or duplicate them. After that, all changes will be reflected back in Unreal. Any comments or requests are welcome.

Currently, it only supports Version 1 of the Houdini engine plugin. Switching to version 2 will open new possibilities.
Is there anything what you guys would like to see in that tool?
11 posts
I am your first Youtube subscriber

What is the speed visualizer ?
Edited by aiven - Oct. 28, 2020 06:09:13
54 posts
Thanks, Aiven!
It's one of the tools to visualize how far will get your character when it's traveling at a certain speed. For example, let's say you have a character traveling at speed of 250 units per second:

Then you can draw 3 circles.

The first edge of a circle your character will reach in 10s, second in 20s and third one in 30s. So basically circles are 10 seconds apart. This type of tool helps you to build better levels.

This tool shown in the video is a simple decal with HLSL shader to draw those circles. In houdini I have a HDA which does similar thing.

Attachments:
speed_1_houdini.PNG (3.5 KB)
speed_2_houdini.PNG (343.1 KB)

• Quick Links