Solaris domelight texture filepath issue

1831   4   1
21 posts
I'm running into a filepath issue when I write my usd file.

I have a domelight pointing to an .exr on disk and before I rop everything out it looks normal. It has a path like this:

@C:/Users/pathToFile/cool.exr@

after I write that to disk I get this :

@../../../../pathToFile/cool.exr@

Any ideas?
Edited by Galleryworm - Oct. 14, 2020 21:25:59
Staff
4435 posts
The USD ROP by default automatically converts all asset paths to relative form. You can turn this option off in the “Output Processing” section of the USD ROP's parameters by unchecking the “Enable” parameter in the “Use Relative Paths” group. Then the path to the texture should be left as a full path.
192 posts
This ‘relative path’ is not the same way as relative is used in the Houdini world, right?

I mean the way like $HIP and ch(“../../node/tx”) is relative.
I.e. you can move an entire hipfolder to anywhere and the $HIP/hda will still work,
or you can copy hda-instances and the channel references stay intact to each instance.

Because the ‘depth’ of the folder structure is already ‘non-relative’ by deciding how many “../” you have in the “../../../../” which seems to be the depth from the $HOME folder to the usd file, if I’m not mistaken..

Any way to make it more local, the Houdini-way?
Edited by OdFotan - Oct. 27, 2020 06:53:17
7741 posts
OdFotan
This ‘relative path’ is not the same way as relative is used in the Houdini world, right?

Relative is relative, so yes it means the same thing.

The Relative path output processor changes paths to be relative to the output usd file. This allows the usd file and its hierarchy to be moved to another file system location, and as long as the relative paths are the same it should work.
192 posts
So yeah I made out to go a example file and there it was indeed relative, and just discovered I made a mistake in my files before. My bad.
  • Quick Links