Add joint to Animated Pose and Rop Character FBX cause Crash

2936   5   1
6 posts
Try to add joint to exist animation pose and export to a FBX file.
Work fine in BoneDeform, press save to disk in Rop Character Fbx node cause houdini crash, 100% reproduce. Any idea?

Attachments:
1604483940(1).png (465.3 KB)
1604484002(1).jpg (725.6 KB)
crash.BoneChangeTest.i_30712_log.txt (5.2 KB)

6 posts
I just want to add a root point to do something like procedural root motion for 3d game.

Many thanks.
7714 posts
Please submit all crashes as bugs. At the top of this web page, choose Support > Report a Bug/RFE. Thanks!
7714 posts
In the mean time, I found a workaround if your FBX file doesn't have any nodes which share the same name. The issue is that the node isn't handling when you have a path attribute that has an empty value and the Skeleton SOP doesn't know anything about the path attribute. So the workaround is just to delete the path attribute so that the output node will only use the name attribute instead.
Edited by edward - Nov. 4, 2020 13:28:59

Attachments:
Capture.PNG (82.4 KB)

6 posts
Already submit a bug report with a link to this post.

Thanks so much, I will try it later!
6 posts
edward
In the mean time, I found a workaround if your FBX file doesn't have any nodes which share the same name. The issue is that the node isn't handling when you have a path attribute that has an empty value and the Skeleton SOP doesn't know anything about the path attribute. So the workaround is just to delete the path attribute so that the output node will only use the name attribute instead.
Thanks so much!!
Problem solved!!!
  • Quick Links