2 annoying bugs

3335   2   0
345 posts
I 'd like to report two bugs. After working for some time in one, maximize viewport, during selection picking after I right click to accept selection I loose all of the selected points, and whatever I try I am not allowed to finish selection. The workaround for that is to (space-T) go to the 4 viewports and right click in one of the another window.

The other problem I experience happens only in double monitor - vertical configuration (horizontal is much stable). After pressing TAB and D or typin any command starting from that letter Houdini often crashes. C letter is also quite unstable but has crushed only several times. I am 100% sure that the problem lays in graphic cards drivers. Just to let you know about that.

Graphic Card: Nvidia Quadro FX 1400
version: Houdini 8.1.704

cheers
kuba
27 posts
yes! i knew it was i bug. D i'm having the exact same issue (i.e. with the selecting), same houdini version (also apprentice), only a slightly different graphics card (FX 3450/4000 SDI).

Downdating my graphic card pronto.

edit after the bold attempt of downgrading my graphics drivers from latest (v91.36) to v77.56 i declare success D. Houdini makes much more sense now.
345 posts
Good to hear you've got similar problem! I spoked with guys from sesi and they couldn't replicate the problem. But finnaly we ended up that it has to be a graphic card driver issue, and the problem doesn't lay on houdini side. I will give a try downgrading drivers then.

Thanks !
kuba
  • Quick Links