Engine V2 plugin for UE4.25.4 - nothing in Actors toolbar

1951   3   1
7024 posts
Hi,

I've got the Engine plugin for UE4 (4.25.4) installed, in Project Settings it is showing me the correct build of Houdini (18.5.375 ) and I see the main “Houdini Engine” menu in Unreal so it appears to be working.

However, the docs I've found assure me I should see a Houdini Engine entry in the Place Actors, but alas I do not:

I have set the Custom Location for Houdini in the UE4 project settings, another thread mentioned a bug requiring this.

I am stumped I have a trivial “Generator” HDA I would like to use, but I have no idea at this point how to get an actor in that would use it.

Win 10, 18.5.375 (Py3)

Cheers,

Peter B

Attachments:
noEnginePlaceActor_v2_18.5.375.jpg (134.3 KB)

7024 posts
OK I see now that I can just import the HDA as an asset, and instantiate it. So, that works! Perhaps the docs are out of date with regards to the Place Actors toolbar?
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

Yes, the docs are indeed outdated as there's currently no docs for version2 of the plugin, the current docs are for version1.
(but a lot of it still applies to v2 as well)

The Houdini Engine “Place Actors” tools are gone for now in v2, we'll add them back at some point but they are a low priority item.

You need to first import the HDA in the content browser, and then can instantiate it in Unreal.
7024 posts
OK cool thanks!
  • Quick Links